After the long winter months, spring is finally almost here. That means we’re almost ready for the big spring clean, that time of the year where you clean away all the winter dust and get your house looking shiny and new for the moment when the sun makes its reappearance. For some of us, the spring clean is a fun task that’s easy to tackle. For others, it can be more of a challenge. Follow these tips to ensure your house is squeaky clean by summer.
- Bring in the big guns. If domestic tasks are a little beyond your expertise or you just don’t have the time for a deep clean, why not call in the professionals instead? Call up cleaning services bella vista and get your entire home cleaned from top to bottom without having to lift a finger yourself. It’s the easy way out, but sometimes easy is best.
- Give the windows a shine. You probably give your indoor windows a wipe down on a regular basis, while the outdoor ones are neglected through the chillier months. Now is the time to shine up the outside of your windows so the whole neighbourhood can see how well you’re managing the spring clean.
- Save cash by making your own cleaning products. Most of us get through a whole lot of cleaning products during the spring clean, but there are ways to save cash if you’re on a budget. Use vinegar mixed with baking soda and water to make your own multi-purpose cleaning solution for your home.
- Give your dishwasher a clean. Your dishwasher does a lot of work for you, so make sure you return the favour. Use your spring clean as an opportunity to run the dishwasher through a cycle without any dishes in it, using the specialist dishwasher cleanser to get it looking good as new.
- Tuck into the refrigerator. You don’t want dirt and grime surrounding your food, right? Give your fridge a good scrub this season by taking all of the shelves out and wiping it inside and out with warm soapy water. Don’t forget to give the shelves and removable parts a clean too before you put them back in.
- Polish your best silver. You don’t need to give your fine cutlery a polish too regularly, but the spring clean is a good time to sit down and shine them up again. Use a specialist silver polishing product with a toothbrush to keep your cutlery looking its best.
- Clean out the oven. Your oven takes a real beating when it comes to oil and grime, so your spring clean will probably involve a major oven scrubbing session. You can avoid the oven getting too dirty by using a lining sheet at the bottom while you cook, then scrubbing it out regularly to catch any areas that were missed.
- De-clutter your wardrobe and drawers. Most of us have plenty of clothes tucked into our wardrobes that haven’t seen the light of day in years. Take the opportunity to de-clutter your space by going through all of your clothes and shoes and putting aside whatever you don’t wear. You can donate the leftovers to charity, and send the kids’ hand-me-downs over to relatives and friends.